What's Your Favourite Technique?

There are so many very talented crafters around. Some have blogs, some don't. Some are very big fish in the craft pond whose names we all know, and some are smaller fish. Some make cards to sell and others make them for family and friends. There are beautiful cards everywhere, just go and look at all the Sugar Bowl entries and you will see a fabulous array of cards, it's like a tour of an art gallery but in the comfort of your own home.


I LOVE this card made by Helen. Quite a clean and simple style, muted colours, very clean lines and Helen has used the technique of paper piecing on the dress, which all go together to make a very striking card.


Lisa has made this stunning card using a different technique - masking - to place two perfectly coloured images on one card. Also quite a CAS card which really make the images pop.


Donalda is on the Sugar Nellie Design Team and she regularly plays in the Sugar Bowl Challenge. I love her use of embellishments: pearls, flowers, ribbon and a charm, very pretty and detailed and something I really cannot do myself. A technique I need lessons in!
I always like to try a new technique and some have been more successful than others but it's always fun to try something new.
Do you have a favoured technique, a tried and tested one? You still have almost a week left to enter the Sugar Bowl challenge, why not try a new technique for your entry? As always, Karen has a fabulous prize for the lucky winner but one thing's for sure..if you ain't in it then you can't win it.

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

7 comments:

Mau xx said...

All great cards, I am just an Avid Stamper, I love colouring with a passion and have become addicted to your adorable's. I used to love Pencil drawing ...don't do enough these days! and love painting so colouring images feed my passion xx
Like all these three card techniques though.

Paula (PEP) said...

It's amazing the variety possible with Sugar Nellie stamps = there really is an image to suit everyone's style & technique - you just have to look at the Sweeties' examples for a huge variety of styles.
Paula (PEP)

Shazza said...

gorgeous cards, love the masking one.
x

Janette said...

I think my fav technique would be flowers and pearls etc, have tried to do the CAS simple look, but don't think I succeed to well...but I mainly just love the colour images, still learning all the time, but I just adore it.xx

Kim. said...

These are all gorgeous cards. Especially love the two images merged together they really work. I never cease to be amaze each time I find a new blog and talented crafter.
Kim xXx

Vicki said...

Such fabulous cards, all different in their own special way. My favourite technique is shabby, distressed, that way you don't have to worry so much about your measuring of papers when matting and layering....lol!!!!Thanks for sharing xx vicki xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab entries, mine will be on tomrrow. My fave style is detailed with lots of layers so love playing with your sketches. Marianne x