Through Autumn's Golden Gown...

...We used to kick our way,
You always loved this time of year.

Today's song lyrics were most famously recorded by Justin Hayward for the musical version of The War of The Worlds, with the song title Forever Autumn. Yes, I'm rambling but the theme for the new challenge over on the Sugar Bowl is Autumn and this just popped into my head. Songs often just pop into my head which is bad news for anyone around me as I can't sing at all..but frequently do!

Get back to planet Earth Elaine....for this challenge there is a fab sketch from Kiki and the option that I've already mentioned of Autumn. The Sweeties have come up trumps again with the most beautiful selection of cards to provide you with a little inspiration.


Kiki's card uses a beautiful image from the Autumn Kit (a set of 4 image stamps and 4 accessory stamps which is available at a special price too) Kiki always embellishes her cards so prettily.


I am always in awe of Lilian's stunning colouring..that woman could bring a grain of sand to life with her Copic colouring skills! And she makes me turn a very unflattering shade of green.
Lilian has used the Sassy image Hippie Chick.


My Sugar Ma'am Gayle has used the very sweet stamp Hello Little Friend for her gorgeous card. I do love this image, so much so, that I chose to use this stamp too...great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ eh?)

You can see the sketch and all the other sweeties cards over on the Sugar Bowl Blog.
As always there is a very sweet prize for one lucky random winner of 4 Sugar Nellie stamps of the winners choosing..this will be increased to 6 stamps if we get 100+ entries and the challenge is open for two weeks so there's plenty of time to get your entry in.
Tomorrows post will be by another of the newly appointed Sugar Nellie DT members, the very lovely and fabulously talented Astrid so please drop by and say hi.

Thanks for looking
Love Elaine xx

PS from Karen

Hi girls, hope everyone is well in Blog land and you are all busy with your seasonal cards, I love Halloween but it's not so big her in the UK but does that stop me, no! Maybe it's the witch in me that enjoys the season so much, or is it my sweet tooth, all that candy, what else does a girl need. oh yeah CAKE!
I am still here, working away behind the scene, the new girls are doing such a great job of showing you their sweet creations, I doubt you miss me and my blethering. Got lots of new artwork to work my way through to feed your sugar addiction. Jingle bells and tinkle bells have been so popular that I had to order more as Mark has sold out of some of those, with Fairy Glen being released in October, and our final release of the year in November (country cousins and Puppy Love) I am kept going.
The store has been busy this month with classes back to back last Saturday, busy day all round and I found myself back at the counter running around like a headless chicken not knowing where anything was. Oh the fun of the Christmas season, just as well I had left my Mrs Clause outfit at home, I am sure I will need it very soon as its only going to get busier.
Erika is back in store with Jenny on 1st of October, spellbinders deals and embossing folder fun, what more could a crafter ask for?
Ok I will stop for now as I am sure that I can find something more to do today, maybe a little colouring in of the new images, but then again the DT are making a fantastic job and they put me to shame :(
catch you again, be good and keep colouring
Karen

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Nice to see you on here this morning...we all know you are busy keeping us crafters supplied with new rubber!
And of course we miss you, it's always nice to hear some news from the boss (even more so when it concerns upcoming new rubber!)

Have a great day
Love Elaine xx

Pat said...

Oooohhh...I can't wait to see the new stamps...the Tinkle Bells & Jingle Bells are stunning...and I can only imagine what you have in store for us next. I can't wait! hehehe!! Big hugs for doing such an amaaaazing job ladies! Pat Frank

Wiccababe said...

can't speak for anyone else Karen, but strangely I HAVE missed you ;)
Willow's wee packet arrived this morning, thankyou so much, she says she loves it.
Debz
x

Shazza said...

gorgeous cards Elaine, karen you sound very, very busy!!!!!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

absolutely gorgeous cards
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Love all these cards. You are an amazing cardmaker :O)

RoseC said...

Poppin' over to drool over the fabulous design team work. Happy that you popped in too Karen. Glad to hear that all is well! ~ Rose

Paula (PEP) said...

Well - I miss you Karen but realize that you badly needed some more pairs of hands. Great to hear that you're still alive though but I thought we'd have heard if you'd drowned in a sea of rubber or new artwork. Great to hear about more fairies coming along too.
As always Elaine's Thursday post is a treat & I learn aspects of English as well now with my grasp of idioms very slowly improving. That one about fools is a new one to add to my repertoire (how long it will be before my brain mixes that up with something else is another matter remains to be seen).
Paula (PEP)

Kim. said...

Gorgeous cards, they are all amazing in image, colour & style.
Kim xXx