Simply Sassy tuesday

Happy tuesday everyone!
It's Kathrin here sharing a project in our Simply Sassy week.


I used the adorable Bella Bunting on my creation. She's been my first Sassy stamps I bought and I so love her. So, this is what I came up with (just click on the picture to get a larger view):


When I was looking at the stamp I got inspired to make a bunting. 
Here's a close up of the middle part of the banner:


It's my twins' birthday next thursday and this will go over the door.
I cut the scalloped banner parts from craft cardstock and added a straight part from pink cardstock, sewing both of these layers together with my sewing machine.
Matching Bella's bow I stamped little hearts on the pink cardstock. I always wanted a stamp that could make heart borders and now I finally found one in a craft sale. Sorry, I don't know the brand.
The smaller banner parts to the left and right of the big one are made the same, just smaller, and I added two circles on which I placed a heart from the dark red designer's paper.
Then I needed something to go between the triangles - and I found the perfectly matching fabric. It's from Stampin'Up and it seems like I only bought it to use it here.

The coloring has been done with Copics:


Don't forget to check back for another Sassy posting!

Have a wonderful day,

****

That is such a sweet project from Kathrin, I do love to see things other than a card, you have all the supplies so why not try something different for a change.

I hope you are enjoying Simply Sassy Week, our design team are the best and most talented group of girls around, they are on the SN DT because they are the BEST, we would not offer you anything else.

Since Krista Smith illustrated out Simply Sassy range, there has been a lot of changes, Krista went on to design her own in digital stamps which have been amazingly successful. But SN still have original art in rubber for those who love to get inky.

Have you seen this mag?



Fantastic isn't it?
Did you even spot one Sugar Nellie card in there?
My plans for a online magazine have been over shadowed by the new store & wedding.
But I don't think  I could do such a great job, we just need to see more Sugar Nellie stamps in there,
especially as we have a USA base opening this Autumn.
have a great Tueaday
Karen

1 comment:

Carisa said...

Thank you, Karen, from the bottom of my heart for linking up Designed To Color on your blog!!!! I agree, we need more Sugar Nellie's gracing the pages!!! We have an open call going on right now until April 30th - and it's open INTERNATIONALLY!!! Anyone can submit. Your fans and DT can check out all the deets on our blog: http://designedtocolor.wordpress.com/calls/

Thank you again!!!

Hugs,
Carisa